Delta Community Improvement Plan
The Delta Community Improvement Plan will implement and facilitate programs aimed at supporting new development, as well as the rehabilitation of existing residential properties and commercial businesses.
General Program Guidelines
- Applicants are eligible for one grant per year per property.
- Eligible costs include materials, professional & other costs as deemed appropriate.
- Program operates on a pay first basis with submission of grant application following paid fees.
- Applicants must be in good standing with regards to all property municipal fees & taxes.
- Only eligible properties located within the CIP project area are eligible for the programs offered under the CIP.
Types of Grants Available
Built Heritage Improvement
To support the adaptive reuse, restoration & recognition of Delta’s built heritage that promote the development of commercial, institutional &/or mixed-uses.
A grant of up to 50% of eligible costs up to a maximum of $5,000 to help with costs associated to heritage restoration.
Commercial Façade & Sign Improvements
To encourage the updating & development of commercial facades & signs which are reflective of Delta’s vision.
A grant of up to 50% of eligible costs up to a maximum of $1,000 to help with the costs associated to facade or sign improvements.
Planning & Development Application Fee Offsetting
To promote development & construction activity by reducing costs associated to necessary municipal approvals.
A grant of up to 80% of the planning & development application & permit fees paid by an owner.
To promote increased physical accessibility to commercial/ institutional uses or home based businesses.
A grant of up to 50% of eligible costs up to a maximum of $2,000 for costs associated to physical accessibility improvements.
To promote residential conversions by providing grants to residents/business owners who choose to convert a portion or all of their home to a commercial business (such as home based business, B&B, storeetc.) tosupportthemixeduse village core and local services aspect of the Plan.
A grant of up to 50% of eligible costs up to a maximum of $5,000.