4427H Old Kingston Road. Portland
(just north of the village of Portland off Highway 15)
Wednesdays & Saturdays 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
(under 8" in diameter)
Payment Options: Cash, Debit, MasterCard, Visa (no personal cheques)
Bagged waste with bag tags will be accepted at the PTS. Bag tags must be placed on garbage bags prior to going to Transfer Station.
All bagged waste MUST be in CLEAR BAGS.
The Township reserves the right to limit the quantity of material brought into the Transfer Station at any one time. Small amounts of construction material are accepted (e.g. drywall, lumber, shingles, insulation, windows/doors & flooring). Building demolition material is not accepted.
Large Item Disposal
Large items such as furniture (couches, dressers, mattresses, bed frames, chairs, tables, hutches, desks, shelves, etc.) are not picked up at curbside and must be disposed of at the Portland Transfer Station by paying the applicable tipping fees. Alternatively, here are a few other options for you to consider when disposing of a large item: take it to a waste disposal company near you; call a local contractor to dispose of it for you; call a family member or neighbour with the means to help you; donate a gently used item to a local charity or post it on social media; place it at the end of your driveway with a “free” sign on it.
The following items can be disposed of FREE OF CHARGE at the Portland Transfer Station:
without lights or decorations
- Personal computers (desktop & laptop)
- Keyboards, mice, cables
- Monitors (CRT, LCD, plasma)
- Printers (desktop, photo, laser)
- Combination TV/Computer displays
- Telephones & answering machines
- Fax Machines
- Cell phones
- VCR/DVD players
- Video Games/Handheld video consoles
- MP3 Players
- Closed circuit displays
MUST empty pails and/or plastic bags
Clean and crushed. Please see Recycling Page for a list of acceptable recycling items.
- Pieces of scrap steel/aluminum
- Steel roofing & aluminum siding
- Barbecues (no propane tanks)
- Bicycles (tires removed)
- Microwaves (glass plate removed)
- Bread makers, toasters & toaster ovens
- Tire rims (tire removed)
- Fridges/freezers (Freon MUST be removed)
- Air Conditioners (Freon MUST be removed)
- Empty paint/stain cans (lids removed, paint/stain wiped out & dry)
- Satellite dishes
- Satellite, cable & digital transmitters or receivers
- Pots, pans & metal bakeware
- Hot water heaters
Clean and off the rim