Land Division / Severance

There are two methods to divide land in the Province of Ontario, either through the Consent (severance) process or by Plan of Subdivision. Applications for both are handled by the United Counties of Leeds and Grenville Land Division Committee. The Township reviews each application and provides comments to the Committee but does not accept or approve the applications. All applications for the creation of new lots and other severances (i.e. lot additions) must conform to the Township’s Official Plan and Zoning By-Law. It is highly encouraged for those considering a Land Division application to consult with one of the Township’s Planners prior to applying since issues may be identified which may be difficult to overcome once an application has been submitted.

County Land Division Committee contacts:

Township Land Division review contacts:

  • Malcolm Norwood, Acting Manager of Development Services.
  • Jaclyn Schneider, Associate Planner.

Leeds and Grenville Consent Granting Authority

Contact Us

Malcolm Norwood
Senior Planner (A/Manager of Development Services)
1-800-928-2250 Ext. 236

Jaclyn Schneider
Associate Planner
1-800-928-2250 Ext. 234


Rideau Lakes Township Logo

1439 County Road 8, Delta, ON K0E 1G0

613-928-2251 or 1-800-928-2250

Fax: 613-928-3097


Hours of Operation

Monday to Friday
8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

After-Hours Road Emergency


Portland Transfer Station

4427H Old Kingston Road, Portland
1-800-928-2250 ext. 285
Open: Wednesdays & Saturdays
8:00am to 4:00pm