LEVEL 1 BURN BAN in effect. No Open Air Burning except small campfires or cooking fires less than 1m in size.
April 1 to October 31
Open Air Burning Permitted
between 6pm and 8am
with Activated Permit.
The Ontario Fire Code prohibits open burning unless approved by the Chief Fire Official. Township By-Law 2019-16 – Open-Air Burning allows for such approved open-air burning through a permit process. Any unauthorized burning may result in a fine pursuant to the Ontario Fire Code, and the Provincial Offences Act.
- Fire Permits cost $10 for the year
- Fire Permits are available for sale ONLINE (Paypal or credit card) and at the township municipal office (cash, cheque or debit).
- Fire permits are required for all burning, except for campfires no bigger than 3ft X 3ft X 3ft (1m X 1m X 1m)
- Fire Permits are valid only for the year of issue
- Fire permits must be renewed prior to burning
- Call before you burn - 1-833-853-3473
Register online using the Online Burn Registration Feature to signal your intent to burn.
Sign in to your rl.burnpermits.com account and click the Activate Permit button on the top left of the My Permits page.