In order to establish an entranceway onto your property from a Township road, a permit must first be issued.  Please note that an entrance permit is not required for an entranceway off a private road.

If you live on a County road you must contact the County Roads Department to make this application.

The Entrance Permit Application must be completed by the resident and submitted to the Township Office along with payment.

The proposed location of the entranceway must be staked out by the applicant, so that the Roads Coordinator can easier see the proposed location upon his site inspection. If this location is not approved, an alternate location will be discussed. The Roads Coordinator will also determine if a culvert is necessary.

Upon approval, an entranceway permit will be mailed to the applicant.

It is the applicant’s responsibility to create and maintain the entranceway.

Contact Us

Dan Chant
Roads Coordinator/Drainage Superintendent
1-800-928-2250 Ext. 227


Rideau Lakes Township Logo

1439 County Road 8, Delta, ON K0E 1G0

613-928-2251 or 1-800-928-2250

Fax: 613-928-3097


Hours of Operation

Monday to Friday
8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

After-Hours Road Emergency


Portland Transfer Station

4427H Old Kingston Road, Portland
1-800-928-2250 ext. 230
Open: Wednesdays & Saturdays
8:00am to 4:00pm