Creating A Community Vision for Newboro 2030
In the spring of 2021, the Township of Rideau Lakes contracted Third Sector Consulting to engage the community in developing a Vision for Newboro. Similar visioning processes in Delta and Portland in the past couple of years have helped engage these communities and have created energy around community development.
We are asking survey and workshop participants AND folks who may not have had the opportunity to participate in the process yet to comment on the draft vision paper.
Your feedback is required to help validate and further shape this community vision and to start to identify challenges to realizing the vision.The process for the project proposed the following:
• A thorough, detailed and inclusive conversation about what the community wants and needs going forward (June/July)
• Circulate this draft vision document for community feedback and itemize feedback and related thoughts/considerations in a separate document (August)
• Provide a final vision document to Council and the community and a secondary document outlining community feedback noting if, why and how feedback has been incorporated and/or considered. (September)
Third Sector Consulting has prepared a report which
• Documents the input gathered via workshops and surveys.
• Organizes data gathered into three sections: What people like about Newboro and what they consider are the community’s assets; an emerging vison for Newboro - what people hope the community will look like and be like in 2030; and finally, how people will measure real progress in community development by 2030.