Ways to support to our local Food Banks of Rideau Lakes and Westport Area today:
The 2020 Build a Mountain of Food is underway! Please visit the website for full schedule and details https://www.buildamountainoffood.com/
- To donate $$$, send e-transfers to with a message that it is for the food bank, and you will receive a tax receipt.
- If you want to donate non-perishables, they are currently low on peanut butter, cereal, and Kraft Dinner and can always use canned veggies and fruit, canned meat, canned soup, and pasta sauce. Donations of food can be dropped off in the porch of 25 Kingston St., Elgin.
To donate online using a credit card:eppc-ucc.com, click on "Donate Today" at the bottom, select the Food Bank option and select Portland. You (automatically) will receive a tax receipt.
Cash or cheque: cheques may be mailed to Portland Food Bank, P.0. Box 251, Portland, Ontario K0G 1V0. All donation of $20 or over will receive a receipt for income tax purposes.
E-transfer using as the email address for the donation – indicate that the donation is for the Portland Food Bank and please be sure to include your full address in the note field, in order that we may send you a receipt for income tax purposes.
- Currently well stocked with pasta and soups, but will be in need of cereal, peanut butter, canned vegetables and toilet paper. They ask that you pick up a couple extra items when you get groceries to have them on hand when the call comes out from the food bank for donations.
- Ridgway Confections (Chocolatier) is trading food bank donations of cereal and peanut butter for a chocolate bunny (10$ value).
- To donate, e-transfer to . Westport Area Food Bank asks that people donate cash or pre-packaged bags from Kudrinko's
- Donations of any non-perishables can be dropped off at Delta Foodland.
Hours: Mon-Sat 8am-7pm. Sun 9am-6pm.
- Cheques and cash can be dropped off at Delta United Church.
Watch for updates to our food banks at What's Cookin' & What's Shakin' in Rideau Lakes & Westport