April 11 to May 15, 2002
It’s tradition that every fall the residents of Rideau Lakes plant daffodil bulbs and come spring, bright yellow flowers adorn our roadsides, public spaces, and private gardens.
How did this tradition begin? In 1999, a family in Portland decided to plant daffodils to celebrate the new millennium. Each year they continue to plant different varieties and locals have followed suit!
In 2010, the Township of Rideau Lakes launched the Daffodil Project with the ultimate goal of being the must-see location for daffodils in Ontario.
In 2015, Rideau Lakes was proclaimed the "Daffodil Capital of Ontario".
Want to view the beautiful daffodils adorning our communities this spring? Check out these prime viewing spots:
- California: 421 Jones Falls Rd
- Chaffeys Lock: 1648 Chaffeys Lock Rd
- Chantry: 1439 County Rd 8
- Delta: 77 King (St. Paul’s Community Centre)
- Jones Falls: 718 Jones Falls Rd
- Newboro: 10 New St
- Portland: 3909 Freeland Rd