Skip to content

The Development Services Department is responsible for the review and processing of all applications under the Planning Act and the Ontario Building Code; ensuring compliance with the Township’s Official Plan, Zoning By-Law, other Municipal By-Laws, and the Ontario Building Code; as well as providing current and long-term planning services.

To make a complaint about property standards or improper use of a property (zoning), contact Acting Manager Malcolm Norwood. Complaints must be made in writing. Anonymous complaints are not accepted, but the names of complainants will be kept confidential. Contact details can be found on the Staff page.

By-Law for the Safety of Properties 

Building By-Law 1999-129

Are you planning to start, expand or move your business?
  • Book a meeting with Associate Planner Jaclyn Schneider about your property, zoning and building needs. She will help you work through the planning steps toward a successful development project.
  • To discuss your plans for establishing a business or investing in our community, contact CAO Michael Dwyer. He will facilitate connections with local businesses and economic development agencies to help make your ideas a reality.
  • Contact details can be found on the Staff page.
Are you purchasing real estate in Rideau Lakes?